Gray hardwood floors are on the rise, people are getting them in their homes left and right. But, even though they are a new trend, are they right for you? To help you make that decision, below we go through everything you need to know about going gray when it comes to your hardwood flooring.
Why Are Gray Hardwood Floors So Great?
- There are lots of gray shades to choose from, ranging from light to dark. These shades have many of the same pros and cons of other hardwood flooring. Take a look at our recent blog, The Pros and Cons of Dark and Light Floors to learn more!
- They can match any decor style, whether that is modern, minimalist, or rustic.
- Compliments nickel and stainless steal very well, making them great for kitchen and living room areas.
- Very easy to clean because scratches and spots aren't very noticeable.
Are Gray Hardwood Floors Possibly Not a Good Choice?
- They could just be a current trend, but even if that is the case they are a timeless neutral color that matches with everything.
- Not all types of floors can be stained gray. For example, if you currently have red oak it can be very difficult.
Overall, gray floors are a great choice for your home. If you are thinking about getting them installed or staining current floors you have, be sure to schedule a hardwood flooring project with us! You can contact us via our contact page. We look forward to working with you!
And don't forget to follow and like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/plushardwoodflooring to make sure to always get the latest updates!