Moving into a new home? Make sure to be careful while moving in, so that your hardwood floors don't get scratched or ruined. Need a little guidance on how you can go about protecting your hardwood floors during a move? Keep reading, because we've created a list of 6 ways you can keep your hardwood floors in tip top shape during a move.
- Use runners or protective mats to cover your floors.
- Measure your new space before moving in to avoid adjusting furniture or decor.
- Doormats should be the first thing you put in your new home, to reduce the amount of dirt and debris ending up on your hardwood floors.
- Never drag heavy furniture across your floors, always get someone to help you pick them up and carry them.
- If you can't carry certain items get furniture slides, flat pieces of strong plastic that minimize the friction between the heavy object and your hardwood floor.
- A dolly with rubber wheels could also be a great help and won't scratch your floors.