- When you install hardwood, you are increasing the value of your home. Most people when searching for a new home make it a point to scout out houses or apartments that have hardwood, so make sure yours makes the cut. You're investing in something that will profit you in the future if you ever choose to sell your home.
- Hardwood floors are allergy friendly. Hardwood, unlike carpeting, does not hold bacteria or mites, making it less likely for your allergies to flare up. Also hardwood can be easily cleaned, which means less dust, less germs, and less problems for your allergies.
- Trying to make a small room look big? You can do that with hardwood. Longer strips of hardwood means fewer distracting end joints, making a small room appear bigger.
- Hardwood floors can even be eco friendly. Compared to other flooring hardwood takes fewer resources and less energy to be manufactured. Also, the floors you install will continuously absorb carbon dioxide, making your indoor air quality better.
- Change your mind often? Hardwood floors are willing to change with you. Solid hardwood flooring can be refinished when tastes change and as trends evolve. You'll always feel up to date and never bogged down by the idea that once the floors are done, they are done for good.
- Solid hardwood flooring can last a lifetime, when taken care of properly of course. Finishes on hardwood normally last for approximately 10 years, and hardwood can be finished multiple times, making it new and everlasting again and again. When hardwood is properly installed and maintained it can last for about 100 years. Talk about a strong and long term commitment!
Know of any fun facts about hardwood flooring? Leave them in the comments below. And as always, if you'd like to schedule a hardwood flooring project with us, feel free to contact us via our contact page. We look forward to working with you!
And don't forget to follow and like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/plushardwoodflooring to make sure to always get the latest updates!